Over the last few weeks I have become obsessed with dates! I find myself eating them constantly. Not only are they delicious and manage to satisfy my sugar cravings, but there are rich in minerals, vitamins and fiber. I started eating them on my runs, but I also find myself incorporating them into many of my recipes.
For those of you with a sweet tooth and could use an afternoon energy boost, take ten minutes (literally) and make a batch of these date power balls! They’re easy to make and they taste fabulous!
– 1 cup raw grated almonds
– 16 pitted dates
– water for blending
– 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
– 1/3 cup raw almond or coconut butter
– 3 tbsp organic cocoa powder
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Pulse dates in a food processor or blender until smooth (added a little water as needed to help blend) and transfer to bowl
2. In bowl add almonds, shredded coconut, almond/ coconut butter, cocoa powder and cinnamon
3. Stir until well mixed
4. Make into 2 tbsp size balls and place on a baking tray (covered in parchment paper)
5. Cover, refrigerate, DONE!